Wednesday, May 12, 2010

(1)

A traveler mixes his wine

for a journey to the deep

bowels of uncertainty



He pauses

marking the spot of his entry.



Swaddled within experience

and reaching for his staff of truth

the valley ahead looms in tangible

shadows.



Deep inhalation

and a quick glance to the setting sun

he descends

resolute



The shadows start to whisper.



A chill engulfs the traveller

as the stench pummels his stomach.



A sip of wine eases the upset

and trains his eyes for the darkness ahead

2 comments:

Nicolas said...

No, this is not autobiagraphical, but i have these images in my head every time i pick up a pen. I just try to guess, or place intent, on why this damn traveler is by himself, in these grippingly dark locals.

I'm just experimenting. I don't know what else to do with the images.

Camilla said...

In reading others' accounts
And writing from my soul,
I wonder,
What changed?

From the truths of my father
From the truths of thier fathers
I ask,
What has changed?

Why is it we still search for truth?